All the way from Jerusalem to RVA. Consider how special this is:
- This is the torah you will see at Shabbat dinners and religious school
- This is the torah that will be proudly displayed at our events like the Watermelon Festival and VA Pridefest
- This is the torah your child will have their bar/bat mitzvah with
Make this torah part of yours
& your family’s Jewish story
In order to honor this torah, we need a few things: an ark with a curtain, a new cover, a belt, something to protect it when it’s transported, and a few other details. That costs money. And that’s where we need your help.
You can sponsor a word or verse, a parshah (portion/story), one of the five books or the entire torah. Sponsorships are for one year. And remember, everything helps. Everything matters. Because you matter.
Everyone who donates to our
Torah Fundraiser receives:
- A hand written thank you note from Kehillah
- A digital, printable thank you certificate with the unique item you sponsored and its location in the Torah
- A digital plaque on our Torah Sponsor Page
Your torah came a really long way to be with us. Let’s make it proud. Fill out the form below. Take a look at the Torah Sponsor Page for direction on what to put on your digital honor plaque.