Seeking an extra pair of hands for an errand or task? In need of financial assistance? Or looking for some emotional support? Kehillah is here to help!*
- You must be an active Kehillah member. An active member is anyone who has been on our email list for at least 6 months and has attended at least 6 events (online or in person) in the last year.
- We currently serve those within 25 miles of Richmond, VA only.
Some services are subsidized and require payment. If you are unable to pay, we will do what we can to offer those services for free.
Don’t need assistance right now?
Support our Kehillah Cares Fund! Online giving is provided and securely processed by Donorbox.
Asking for help is hard and can sometimes be even harder when you feel bad about doing it. After being critically ill for a while and going through various recoveries and treatments, it has been difficult trying to manage family duties and parenting. Kehillah has consistently been there for me in this journey, and I am so thankful for that. Whether it be counseling services from Rabbi Patrick, generous gift cards for groceries from their community outreach program, or a religious service to help ground me, Kehillah has been there for me and my family. I am so grateful that this congregation exists in my community and in this world in general.
*Kehillah offers a suite of support services to our community members, including subsidized mental health services, free tickets to our events, grocery cards (when available), and much more. But since many people need extra support beyond what our synagogue can offer, we recommend you start with Jewish Care Line (a service of Jewish Family Services) before reaching out to us, as they can address those higher-level needs more effectively.
How To Get Help from Jewish Care Line
- Make sure to leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and let them know Kehillah sent you
- Call this number: (804) 525-8299
- Notify our Cares Coordinator (email@example.com) so we can be in touch with you alongside Jewish Care Line
If further assistance is required, Kehillah is here to listen, guide, and connect you with other resources. Together, we create a network of care.